The Python keywords act as the building blocks of a python program. These words have a specific meaning and can’t be used for other purposes. The keywords will always be available to a programmer for coding. You need not import them. There are 33 keywords in Python 3.7 let’s go through all of them one by one. To get a list of the Python reserved words, follow the below process-
List of All Python Keywords
To see the latest list of python keywords, we can follow the following steps
Step 1: Open Python IDLE or Python Interpreter
Step 2: type the help() command to access the help shell.
Step 3: type keywords on the help shell, and you will get the following result of python keywords list inside the python interpreter.
What are Python Identifiers?
Python Identifier is the name we give to identify a variable, function, class, module or other object. That means whenever we want to give an entity a name, that’s called identifier.
A python identifier is a name given to various entities like variables, functions, and classes. It helps a programmer to distinguish one entity from another entity. Below are a few rules to be kept in mind while naming an identifier-
1) An identifier can be a composition of alphabets (a-z) and numbers (0-9). The alphabets can be in uppercase or lowercase. An underscore can also be used in an identifier. However, we must note that Python is a case-sensitive language. Hence, “testing” will not be the same as “Testing”.
Valid identifiers: testing, variable_1
2) You cannot start an identifier with a number. Thus, 2square will be an invalid Python identifier. However, square2 will be a valid identifier.
3) You cannot use reserved keywords as Identifiers. Thus, “break” will be an invalid identifier.
4) You can use ‘_’ as a special character in the naming of a variable. However, there is a restriction on the use of other special characters like ‘&’, and ‘@’, and ‘!’.
Valid Identifier: test_name
Invalid Identifier: abc@
The above identifier will be an invalid identifier
5) There is no restriction on the length of a Python identifier.
Python identifiers examples
Lets us see some examples of valid and invalid identifiers in python
Below are the list of valid python identifiers.