Wondering what is full stack development? The Full Stack Word Defines Itself!
Basically, In Industry the gap between developers and administrators is getting smaller and smaller. The industry (mostly startups) wants one guy to handle everything.
Here are the things that you need to learn about full-stack development.
1. FRONT END
- CSS3 + PreProcessors (SASS or SCSS)
- AJAX & WEB SOCKETS
- Responsive Design
You should have to have good command of CSS3 Media Queries and AJAX.
2. DESIGNING CONCEPTS
- UI (User Interface)
- UX (User eXperience)
- Converting Photoshop or Illustrator Designs to Code
3. BACK END
- Programming Languages (PHP, Python, Java, NodeJS, C/C++, etc.)
- Databases (MYSQL, Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- API (Application Programming Interface) Creation & Implementation (Good Understanding of JSON and XML also)
- Search Implementation: ElasticSearch, Sphinx, Lucene
- Gulp or Grunt
- Git (as it is mostly used according to StackOverflow Survey)
- Vagrant, Docker
- VmWare or VirtualBox
5. ADMINISTRATION TASKS
- Cloud Computing Basics (VERY VERY IMPORTANT IN 2016+)
- Web Server Implementation and Maintenance (Apache & Nginx)
- Complete Understanding on How to Use Linux
- Bash Shell Scripting + CRON JOBS
- Caching Technologies (Varnish, Memcached) and Load Balancing Technologies
- Monitoring Technologies
Listen, The list grows as time passes and technology advances. And a full-stack developer has to be updated with the latest technologies.
A Full-Stack Developer doesn’t need to master all of the areas and technologies he needs to work it, because that just makes it nearly impossible, he just needs to be comfortable working with those technologies, and that’s a lot too.
Full Stack Developer needs to have the skill to learn new skills. In my opinion, the most valuable skill to have is the ability to learn new skills, closely followed by the ability to know when you don't know something.
So, call yourself a Full Stack Developer if you can design your project, code it and can launch it.
“FULL STACK DEVELOPER = Bye Bye To Other DEVELOPERS Required”
Written by - Abhishek Vishwakarma
If you're interested to learn more about full-stack development, check out the Board Infinity Full Stack Development Course which offers 120+ hours of Hybrid learning, 1:1 personalized mentoring from industry experts in the form of live classes, On-Demand Videos, Case Studies, Assignments, Industry Projects and Job Placement in Top Firms.