Have you heard something like MERN? Do you know what the MERN stack is? If not, then don't worry. Board Inifinity will help you to clear all your doubts.
In this article, we will discuss the MERN stack. We will discuss what it is and how it is important to us. We will also discuss why we need this. Let us understand what MERN stack is.
What Exactly it is?
The MERN Stack is made up of four key parts or four primary technologies:
MongoDB: NoSQL (Non-Structured Query Language) Database System, mostly used for creating document databases.
Express: It is primarily used for Nodejs web framework development.
These four technologies all have a significant role in giving developers a complete framework. Even these four technologies significantly impact the creation of web applications. Let us understand the MERN stack components.
MERN Stack Components
The MERN stack is made up of four elements. Let's talk about each one separately.
- MongoDB is the first component, a NoSQL database management system.
- ExpressJs is the second component of the MERN stack. It is a NodeJS backend web application framework.
Let us discuss them in detail one by one.
Data is saved in documents with key-value combinations that resemble JSON objects in MongoDB, a NoSQL database management system. Databases, schemas, and tables can all be created by users using MongoDB. It provides the Mongo shell, which has a JS interface for changing, querying, and removing records.
The reasons to use MongoDB over others are mentioned below:
- Documents are simple to index because the database is document-oriented. Hence, a quicker reaction.
- By splitting up big data into smaller chunks, multiple machines can handle it.
- Any type of data in a separate document under a schema-less structure.
- Data stored as Objects, Object Members, Arrays, Values, and Strings in JSON
- It's very simple to use JSON syntax.
- A variety of browsers supports JSON.
- It is simple to share data of any size and type (video, audio).
- Setting up MongoDB is very simple, thanks to the simple environment setup.
- MongoDB supports a flexible document model (tables, schemas, columns, and SQL) that is quicker and easier.
An ExpressJs framework for NodeJs makes it easier to write backend code. By doing so, you can avoid making extra Node modules. ExpressJS provides a variety of middleware to maintain the accuracy of the code.
The reasons to use ExpressJs over others are mentioned below:
- Single-threaded and async.
- scalable, quick, and efficient
- has the most active Node community.
- With its integrated router, js Express encourages code reuse.
- Solid API
The reasons to use ReactJs over others are mentioned below:
- A virtual DOM object is a representation of an actual DOM object. The virtual DOM is a duplicate of the real DOM. The entire user interface must re-render the virtual DOM whenever the web application is modified. After comparing the differences between the original DOM and this virtual DOM, changes are made by the original DOM.
- ReactJS is compatible with components. The fundamental units of a user interface (UI), each component has a purpose and contributes to the whole. Additionally, these elements encourage code reuse and simplify the overall web application.
The reasons to use NodeJs over others are mentioned below:
- Following a single-threaded model is known as single threading.
- Very Scalable
Let us understand the reasons behind choosing MERN over other technologies.
Why Choose MERN Stack?
The MERN stack's primary database, MongoDB, is built with native support for storing JSON data. JSON and JS were used to build everything in it, including the CLI and query language. The NoSQL database management system integrates nicely with NodeJS, enabling the manipulation, representation, and storage of JSON data at every application tier.
It is available in a form called MongoDB Atlas, which makes database management even simpler by providing an auto-scaling MongoDB cluster on any cloud provider with only a few clicks.
A server-side framework called Express makes it simple to map URLs to server-side operations by wrapping HTTP requests and responses. This is a perfect complement to the front-end JS framework ReactJS, which is used to create interactive HTML UIs that interact with the server.
In this article, we have discussed the MERN stack. We have discussed what it is and what components it has. Modern web designers who have sufficient React and JS skills favor leveraging the MERN stack to create user-friendly applications
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Receive latest industry news and updates, exclusive offers directly in your inbox.