For every $1 you spend email generates $38, which means an astounding 3800% ROI. In 2020, the number of global e-mail users amounted to 4 billion and is set to grow to 4.6 billion users in 2025. Segmented campaigns drive a 760% increase in revenue. The U.S. spent over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019.
Do you still think it's dead?
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing refers to the use of email to promote your products and services.
With effective email marketing, you can convert prospects into customers and turn one-time buyers into repeat customers. With Email marketing, businesses can achieve the following :
- Lead generation
- Develop contacts
- Leads nurturing
- Sales follow up
- Provision of feedback
- Direct sales
- Newsletter and information
- Education of customers or affiliates
- Upcoming of renewals
- Upselling of services
- Cross-selling of products
- Loyalty and rewards
How to Make Your Email Campaigns Effective
A well-optimized email campaign helps you to get greater ROI, open rate, click-through rate, and conversion rate and minimizes your bounce rate, Unsubscribe rate.
1. Optimize Your Email Copy
To create a successful email marketing campaign, it’s very important to create a well-optimized email copy, you can do so by:
- Segmenting your audience. As mentioned earlier segmented emails results in increased revenue.
- Optimizing the email preview, i.e. Sender’s name, subject line & preview text to entice users to open the email.
- Personalizing your email wherever and whenever possible to get better conversions.
- Optimizing your email copy for multiple platforms, since consumption of emails on smartphones has increased in the last decade.
- Aligning your email copy with your targeted landing page to create a coherent user experience.
- Optimize your email copy to avoid spam. Spam is the ultimate roadblock that can hinder your campaigns.
2. Create a Well-Designed Email Template
Designing an email is just as important as optimizing your email copy. Email Design plays a very crucial role when it comes to the way you want it to be consumed.
Here’s a checklist to design a marketing email template:
- Header - Use the brand logo in the header and link it to the intended landing page
- Navigation bar- right after the header add a navigation bar and link the pages of the website
- Call To Action (CTA) - Always use CTA’s that are distinguishable from the rest of the email content. Create urgency in the CTA’s, to improve conversions.
- Upsell your other products or perks like membership programs to improve revenue.
- Link your social media links to enhance brand recognition
- Always provide a link to unsubscribe & to view the email in the browser.
3. Monitor & Optimize
Once the email is sent the marketing journey is not over yet. You need to track the metrics and use these insights to improve your KPIs.
Use A/B testing to get insights into which email copy performs better and has better KPIs according to your marketing goals.
If you want to learn more about Email marketing, check out our Digital Marketing Online Course to start your career in digital marketing. Gain expertise and mentoring by top business experts and professionals in email marketing, search engine optimization(SEO), social media, pay-per-click, web analytics, mobile, and email marketing. After completing this course, you will get a digital marketing certification, personalized coaching, and placement assistance.